- I bought these two tear drop turquoise charms in Boracay. These were being sold hanging from black cords but I asked that they be attached to looped wire pins instead. A big shout out to the saleslady who granted my request. You rock.
- It was my intention to use both charms as pendants but when I hung them from my silver necklace, they looked a lot like boobies. Or balls. So I added the round bead to make the pendant look less like body parts. On days when I’m feeling sassy, I might remove that round bead before using the necklace.
- One of the two non-adjustable rings small enough to fit my fingers. Don’t you just hate having small hands? Most of the beautiful cocktail rings in stores have non-adjustable bands. Tsk.
- Wooden skeleton key necklace bought from the same store as the charms and ring above. This awaits a re-fashion involving a silver chain. Or black velvet cord.
- I have realized that I am a one-piece swimwear kind of gal. This is one of those things I wish I knew a decade ago. Other examples are “contrary to what is shown in movies, clip-on earrings are painful to yank off” and “bad boys are NOT HOT.”
- Given the choice to expose my tummy or behind, I’d go for the behind. I have long accepted the fact that I will never enjoy abs in this lifetime but I will always be proud of my behind.
- These are the most expensive shorts I own. I typically stay away from shorts that cost more than $10 a pair (I live in the Philippines, this is not a crazy rule) but these were too beautiful to pass up.
Sidenote: I have had this “big girl toys” series for a couple of months now. Every now and then, the exact term would crop up on my blog search terms. I mulled over this for a few days and then realized that those people who came to my blog searching for “big girl toys” were probably looking for toys of different caliber and purpose. I find this highly amusing so I shall keep the series title.