- Declaring that I should not buy new fabric until I make a huge dent on my current collection, I decided to sew covers for our cushions. I have sets in brown and pink/peach, too.
- Yes, we only have 4 cushions. Picking stuff from the floor is not a fun activity right after you wake up. With 4 cats, things inevitably find themselves on the ground between 12 midnight and 10AM.
- Trim popsicles, anyone?
- Japanese surplus store finds: huge spools of thread that I shall use for decoration only, miniature Japanese figures in a row, sushi mats. The mini figures and sushi mats will be used in future miniature dollhouse projects.
- Anyone know who these mini figures are?
- A less colorful version of my mall-going outfit.
- CRAFTED: silver filigree rings / THRIFTED: Marks&Spencer long cardigan, jeans, DKNY bucket bag
- PS – I am smiling at Chino (cat in first photo) here. I propped the camera on their cat perch and while I was trying to pose, he was looking at me like I was certifiable.
- Hose clamp + shot glass = sewing table catch-all. My sewing machine rests on the right side of the table. There is hardly any space to the machine’s side where I can put scissors or a ripper. To make my life just a tad easier, I made this nifty catch-all.
One day, I woke up to find a blank spot on my sidebar. Google Friend Connect had vanished and then I remembered that Google no longer provides the service for non-Blogger websites. Boo Google; WordPress is the shiznit. I kid. Not really.
So anyway… I will be trying a new way to socialize with you, lovely people. Right now, you can subscribe to my posts via email or follow me via Bloglovin’. These require nothing more than just me publishing posts and the magic of the internet telling you that I have shared another boring tidbit of my life. I had an internal debate about making a Facebook page for the blog but I went with “Nope” in the end. Why? Because their new Timeline is ridiculously annoying and I cannot possibly manage more than 2 Facebook pages; I am admin to 3 pages that have nothing to do with this blog and my life. Besides, a Facebook page might require me to be more sociable. And that scares me.
What I needed was something more interactive than the reliable RSS but less sociable than Facebook. I went with a Bored & Crafty board on Pinterest. So basically, I will be pinning photos from this blog to this board and that will serve as an updater of some sort. I have not posted a lot because I don’t want to flood anyone’s home page; in time, I hope to catch up with my current posts. Follow me if you like!
PS – You can add me up on Facebook, too, of course. I have a personal account. Please leave a message if you want to add me up. Warning: I post A LOT OF CAT PHOTOS on my Facebook account. Yes, I am THAT annoying cat lady.
Whew, what a wordy post! Whatchaupto?