Inspired by THESE, THESE, and this, I set out to make my own teapot mobile thingy.
I took pictures while crafting because it was such a nice afternoon. So here we have a suncatcher / wind chimes tutorial.
Teapot with lid, random beads, chain, flat crimp bead or cord fastener, cord, jump rings
1. Make 3 (or more) chains of randomly spaced beads.
2. Hang the 3 chains to a jump ring. Attach the cord fastener to this ring. Attach cord to the fastener.
3. Thread the cord through the teapot’s spout.
4. Pull to hide the cord in the spout. If your teapot lid has a hole, insert the cord and then make a knot. If there is no hole, place the end of the cord between the lid and the teapot and glue shut.
5. Hang and enjoy.
1. Use a standard-shaped teapot. Something too stout or kinda flat will not look nice when hung. The handle of the teapot should also be slanting and not a perfect half circle.
2. Instead of beads, you can use keys. Or miniature tea cups.