- His and Hers tortoiseshell glasses
- The big ones belong to the boyfriend. They are vintage frames that I bought from this Japanese thrift store in the city. I bought them for me but my face turned out to be too tiny for such large frames. When you’re in your late ’20s, wearing ill-fitting things is not acceptable.
- For more than a year, I did not let my boyfriend forget that he pretty much “stole” the frames I liked. He finally caved in and bought me a new pair a month ago. Ha!
- An old photo of Chino. He looks like he has a triangle head here but he is an applehead Siamese variety.
- The teapots near the wall used to stand on stacked books. I replaced them with covered boxes because I needed to display the books elsewhere to complete the flat’s kitschy cafe/bookshop look. I could have bought new books but having a Kindle means lesser purchases of actual books.
- Please don’t think that I’m an annoying hipster for using books as decor. I assure you, I read. Even shallow and popular fiction. Not that 50 Shades series, though. I could not get past the first chapter of the first book of the series.
- I Googled my name one day (don’t judge!) and saw this. This rosette bib necklace was something I made for Sew It All a couple of years ago.