While lusting over classy jewelry on Etsy, I came across metal earrings in a petal chain style. Lust turned to love. Due to budgetary constraints and shipping limitations, I decided to try to make jewelry similar to the pair I saw. I used satin rosette petals (because I’m drowning in ‘em satin thingies).
Materials: jump rings, a pair of earring hooks, satin cut in oval or round shapes. You will also need a candle and scissors.
1. Make sure that the satin pieces for either ear are somewhat similar in size or shape. Singe the circumference of said pieces.
2. Fold in the middle and make a tiny round cut using your scissors. Still holding the folded piece, place it near the flame to singe the hole. BE VERY CAREFUL.
3. Your first petal should have two holes, located in the south and north sections. The bottom petal should have only one hole, by the top.
4. Make a petal chain using jump rings.
5. Attach to the earring hooks.
SIDENOTE: To make a pendant, follow steps one to four. Attach to a cord or a chain.
| Between U & Me | Cherished Bliss | Coastal Charm | Craft Envy | Craftionary | Craft-O-Maniac |Creative Itch | Eat, Make, Grow | Homemaker on a Dime | I Heart Nap Time | Inspired Creations | Ladybug Blessings | My Girlish Whims | Pincushion Creations | Pinkapotamus | Sew Can Do | Sew Much Ado | Someday Crafts | Somewhat Simple | Sugar Pink Boutique | Suzy’s Artsy Craftsy Sitcom | Tatertots and Jello | The Shabby Nest | Tip Junkie | Today’s Creative Blog | To Sew With Love | Under the Table and Dreaming |