Do you know how long I’ve been looking for the perfect storage for my handmade rubber stamps? TOO. LONG.
The length of the search might have been due to the parameters I set for the ideal containers. They were as follows:
- Portable – because I like to stamp in different areas of the house
- Made of sturdy material – because rubber is heavy
- Must have transparent cover
- Affordable – because I have hundreds of stamps and could need a good number of containers
- Only about two inches deep
So judging from the qualities above, the following were out of the question:
- Plastic drawers. The small ones are portable but they can be rather pricey. The big ones are not only expensive, they take up a lot of space too.
- Microwavable containers because they’re not made of thick material.
- Plastic folio or folders sold in school supply stores because they are pricey as well.
- Cardboard boxes because they don’t have transparent cover
- Gift boxes because they come pre-designed and are expensive too.
Really, though, I just wanted something that cost PhP50 each. I am cheap, okay?
Sometimes, stinginess will get you what you want. A few days ago, the boyfriend and I were at Robinson’s Place when we chanced upon their SALE section and spotted acrylic cosmetic cases. They cost only PhP49 each. I gasped, grabbed 10, and we lived happily ever after.
These boxes have all the qualities I needed for rubber stamp storage. They’re portable, made of sturdy material, have clear covers (with beautiful silver trim too!), and are less than two inches deep.
And yes, they’re stackable. Here is Snow checking out the nicely stacked boxes: