Not all outfits I post here are worn where I intend to wear them.
The plan was to wear this for Christmas lunch at the boyfriend’s place:
CRAFTED: skirt / THRIFTED: none
Unfortunately, after I took the photos, the boyfriend’s sister, nephew, and dad dropped by. I didn’t want them to think that I never change my clothes when I go out or that I prepare for what I wear a day in advance so I ended up wearing the following:
CRAFTED: none / THRIFTED: chiffon and silk top
Too bad these photos don’t show the shoulder bows of the top. What it shows, however, is a possibly bulging tummy. Shame.
I mentioned in my last post that I am the only member of my family who did not enjoy a major purchase this December. That’s no longer true today since I got myself a new netbook. I have been a Windows XP fan for as long as I can remember but I am slowly becoming a Windows 7 girl. It’s sooooo pretty!
What didja get for Christmas, lovelies?
One minute I was scheduling a sewing-related post and the next minute I realize it’s already the 24th! May I please have my week back, please please please?
I am waiting…
All right. That will not happen, I guess. So I shall try to remember what I have been doing this week.
1. My parents are in town. One thing I have been doing is eating scrumptious shrimp and incredibly delicious pastries from my city.
2. Due to the aforementioned affair with food, I have been increasing my time with the elliptical machine.
3. I have been watching old episodes of Bones while doing cardio but I am now finished with season 3. I don’t feel like watching other seasons just yet so now I’m trying to catch up on episodes of CSI: Miami that I missed.
4. My mother has become quite the gadget girl. She bought a netbook and a digital camera. I have a feeling, however, that my dad will end up using both, despite him having his own laptop.
5. Right now, my sister, mom, and dad are checking out the house that they bought for my sister. I had errands/woke up late so I didn’t go with them.
And not related to how I spent my week:
6. I have just realized that all members of my family, except yours truly, have recently been enjoying huge purchases.
7. Meanwhile, I bought these miniature furniture:
First project for 2011: Redecorate this mini craft room.
Merry Christmas to you, my dear blogger friends and readers. I love you, and you, and you, and you, and you! May your 2011 be as perfect and delightful as things always are in doll houses.
Two of my favorite year-end purchases are these pocket-sized Moleskine planner and formal shorts:
The shorts are not pocket-sized, of course.
I wore the following to our yearly all-girls December dinner. Three things happened: they made fun of my ignorance of local celebrity news, we were the last people to leave the restaurant, and we shared thrift shopping stories.
CRAFTED: Mr. Rabbit scrabble tile ring / THRIFTED: button down top
How about you? Any fun holiday reunion stories to share?