digitizing stamps

I may not know a lot of things but I know this:

I will make until my last breath.

Which is why I grab any opportunity to learn something new, take what I’ve already tried to the next level, and share the joy I’ve felt from the act of making. Considering that I work from home and basically own my time, one would think that I would slack off a little bit when it comes to this making business. It is this very reason, though, that I do the opposite. I feel quite guilty about not creating anything when I have all the time in the world. The fact that we have transformed the living room into a proper/working studio also reminds me every day to hustle (i.e. not let the hands and imagination go idle).

With that said and all drama aside, I thought I’d share what I did early this evening. This is me hand-printing half of the stamps I’ve carved onto watercolor paper.

P1180560

My ink pad was textile paint slathered onto neoprene foam.

DSC_4416

Why did I do this, you ask? You see, this was the first step into digitizing the stamps I’ve carved. I have several hundred of these handmade stamps. These are perhaps the only things I’ve made that can also be used for making other things. So far, they have come handy in printing my own fabric (see HERE, HERE, and my shop HERE).

But with digitizing comes even more opportunities to be crafty. I actually already have an idea what my first projects would be and I am insanely excited to reveal it here.

But back to tonight’s shenanigans: after stamping, I washed the stamps and dried them on the window sill by our kitchen.

DSC_4416-

And here are the stamped watercolor papers on display. I printed each stamp at least twice in order to achieve different looks per design. It tickled me to see that no two stamps look the same, what with the distressed details and all.

DSC_4431

And now we scan.

 —

Let’s get bored, crafty, and social:
Bloglovin’Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

 

stampin’ and paintin’

A little over two weeks into my watercolor typography phase and I’ve just made the whole thing even more fun to do. I added stamps into the mix.

DSC_4107

Since I have many stamps that can be grouped under certain categories, this new endeavor is pretty easy to do. I have lots of sewing-related stamps in similar sizes so I started with those.

DSC_4079

The pictures below show my process.

DSC_4087

DSC_4090

DSC_4092

The IN proved tricky so I did it last.

DSC_4114

DSC_4110

I used the same stamps to do my niece’s name. My niece, by the way, is the bomb. She is so, so heavy but it’s okay ‘coz she’s goshdarn cute.

DSC_4121

I’ve been playing with the composition and color combos. So far, I like the ever-reliable black and red.
DSC_4146

DSC_4137

 

less snarky watercolor typography

It turns out that there is a limit to the number of snarky water typography pieces I can make. This likely means that I am much softer than I had imagined. This shouldn’t bother me but somehow, it does.

But it doesn’t take long for me to get over things that bother me. I always go back to things I love. Such as:

Also, a favorite daily to-do:

And, indirectly, the following:

For those who are not from Cebu, the words above are names of street food. The past week has been spent mainly for tweaking and reviving this local lifestyle blog that I manage with friends. It’s called Hanging Rice and it’s loads of fun to take care of. Come visit us, if you have time!

Let’s get bored, crafty, and social:
Bloglovin’Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |